Applying ISA-88 in Discrete and Continuous Manufacturing
This covers the extension of ISA-88 principles to procedural control in non-batch applications and how they have been used in real industrial practice. ISA-88 was created in 1988 by the ISA (International Society for Automation) Standards and Practices Board.
The World Batch Forum (now called the WBF) was subsequently formed to help more widely disseminate this and other similar process control standards. WBF provides a forum for control experts to present and share their knowledge. The seventeen chapters in this volume were chosen from many papers presented at conferences since 2003. Readers will find guidance and valuable information in chapters such as
- ISA-88 Isn’t Just for Batches Anymore
- Taking ISA-88 Concepts to the Next Level
- Experiences from Implementing a Single Control System Solution Using ISA-88
- Using ISA-88 Techniques to Manage and Control Continuous Processes
- Definition and Format of Recipes for the Packaging of Consumer Packaged Goods
- Equipment Process Statecharts for Hybrid Manufacturing
- Power Programming, ISA-88, and Packaging: Some of the Lessons Learned
- Procedural Control and Exception Handling
If you are a professor or instructor interested in using this title in your course, please fill out our desk copy request form and we will review your request.